In Spain there is a wide range of regulations, both state and autonomic, urban planning in terms of access and use of urbanized spaces.
Instead, we can't say the same about designing children's games for public spaces: are the big forgotten regulations, and this makes, on many occasions, it is the professionalism or sensitivity of technical services that condition the results.
The current regulations to be applied are as follows:
Urbanized public spaces:
- Order VIV 561/2010 of 1 February, developing the Technical Document on Basic Conditions of Accessibility and Non-Discrimination for access and use of urbanized public spaces.
- UNE 170001-1:2007: Universal accessibility. Part 1: DALCO criteria to facilitate accessibility to the environment
- UNE 170002:2009 Accessibility requirements for labeling
- UNE 41500:2001 IN Accessibility in building and urban planning. General design criteria
- UNE 41510:2001 Accessibility in urban planning
- UNE 41512:2001 Accessibility on beaches and in their surroundings
- Own self-economic and local legislation on accessibility in public spaces:
Other laws include:
- In the Community of Madrid:
- Law 8/1993, of 22 June, promoting accessibility and removing architectural barriers
- Decree 138/1998, of 23 July, amending certain technical specifications of the Law 8/1993, of 22 June, promoting accessibility and removing architectural barriers
- In Catalonia:
- Llei 20/1991, of 25 of novembre, promoció de l’accessibilitat i de supressió de barreres arquitect-niques.
- Decret 135/1995, of 24 de maro, de desplegament de la Llei 20/1991, of 25 of novembre, depromoció de l’accessibilitat i de supressió de barreres arquitect-niques, i d’aprovació del Codi d’accessibilitat
- Correction of Decret errata 135/1995, of 24 de maro, published in January 1996
- In Galicia:
- Law 10/2014, of 3 December, accessibility.
- Decree 35/2000, of 28 January, approving the Regulations on the development and implementation of the Law on accessibility and deletion of barriers in the Autonomous Community of Galicia
- Decree 286/1992, of 8 October (Counseling of the presidency and public administration), accessibility and barrier removal
- In Andalusia:
- Decree 293/2009, of 7 July, approving the regulation regulating rules for accessibility in infrastructure, urban planning, building and transport in Andalusia..
- In Valencia:
- Decree 65/2019, of 26 April, Consell, regulation of accessibility in buildings and public spaces
Playgrounds and playgrounds
- CEN/TR 16467: 2013 – Playground equipment accessible for all children
- 7 principles of universal design
- UNE 170001-1:2007 – Universal accessibility. Part 1: DALCO criteria to facilitate accessibility to the environment